Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Dean Karnazes' 50/50 movie premiere - this Thursday!


There is a new film coming out about Dean Karnazes, North Face sponsored ultrarunner and NYT best-selling author of UltraMarathon Man: Confessions of an All-Night Runner. The film is called UltraMarathon Man (hmm, sounds familiar) and will be playing at select theatres this Thursday for one time only. I will be going with some friends to the Majestic in downtown Silver Spring. If anyone would like to join, just let me know. More theatre listings are found here at the official movie website.

Back in 2006 Dean ran 50 marathons in 50 states in 50 consecutive days, finishing off with a sub-3 hour finish at the New York City Marathon. Over the course of the 50 days, people from all around the country came out to run with Dean, whether it was their first marathon or their hundredth. This film is the documentary following Dean's 50/50 journey.

When he came around this way he ran through Baltimore. At the time I had only read an article or two about him in Runner's World, but it was enough to peak my interest. I marked the date on my calendar and was hoping to make it out for a few miles with him (at the time marathons were not even a thought in my mind... oh how things have changed!). Due to scheduling conflicts I was unable to make it out, but I'm still looking forward to the film. Let's hope it's good!

No comments: