- First 100-miler (MMT on 5/16) Fail. DNS due to ITBS in the weeks leading up to the race
- Complete the Beast Series Fail. DNF at Grindstone due to AT tendinitis
- Eat healthier so as to be better prepared for above mentioned races Kinda held up this one, moreso towards the end of the year but not as much in the beginning
- Become more flexible to prevent annoying little running injuries Fail. A visit to the PT recently suggested that THIS is what might be causing all my injuries.
- Skydive more, or at least do more fun jumping (as opposed to work jumping) Fail. Did about 60 jumps (but no working jumps so I guess that's a plus?)
- Blog more often (because let's be honest, I'm an engineer not a writer, so it's hard to sit down and type willingly) Fail again.
So what does 2010 have in store? Well, the exact same thing as 2009. Just copy and paste those exact same 2009 goals (though the amount of skydiving will probably stay the same, but it's a nice thought). I really think I can redeem myself this coming year. 2009 was my first full year of ultrarunning, and although I was able to get my run training up to snuff, I was lacking in the associated strength, flexibility and nutrition areas. I think I've got it figured out now, but come back in a year and we'll see!
Happy 2010 everyone. Stay healthy!